Monday, August 13, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Sally Hansen Lady Luck

Hello again!

Sally Hansen Lady Luck. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This week I've got my picks from the Sally Hansen Gem Crush collection for you.

Sally Hansen Lady Luck. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Sally Hansen Lady Luck. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
This one is a beautiful berry and silver holographic glitter bomb. The glitter in this is mostly berry colored micro glitter with some fine silver holographic hex glitter mixed in. Swatches today are one coat of Sally Hansen Nail Protix base, three coats of Lady Luck, and one coat from an old bottle of Seche Vite that has gotten pretty thick and gloopy. Check out the sparkles!

Sally Hansen Lady Luck. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.

The brush on this is flat and paddle-like. This probably allows for a good amount of glitter to stay on the brush and then get on your nails, but it's kind of horrible to work with. I found it hard to control, and it's so big that I got glitter everywhere. I realize now I didn't get a picture of it, I'll be sure and do that soon.

The base glitter is a very pretty berry color. And I love it. The crazy application is worth it for the gorgeousness of this color. It's very rich and vibrant. I would recommend wearing this over a similar colored base polish as three coats of this felt like way too much polish on my nails.

Sally Hansen Lady Luck. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I took this off after swatching it before it was completely dry, so my removal was rather painless. I imagine normal removal would be a bear.

I've seen the Sally Hansen Gem Crush collection at CVS, Target, and Walgreens. I'm not sure if this was a limited collection or not. My bottle came from a CVS a few months ago, but I think I have seen some random bottles on the Sally Hansen displays as of late. If you're after these and don't have them by now--good hunting!

More soon! ^_^
 
Sally Hansen Lady Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment