Monday, August 6, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon

Hello again!

This week is Rescue Beauty Lounge week here on Never Without Polish! I have a grand total of four of Ji's polishes, and I wanted to share them with you. First up, we have Halcyon:

Rescue Beauty Lounge Halycon. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Halcyon is a gorgeous, muted, sage green with a suble pink shimmer. The formula on this was thinner than I'm used to, but easy to work with. I had no issues with this at all, and it dries quickly. Swatches today are one coat of Sinful Colors Nail Hardening basecoat, 2 coats of Halycon, and finished with one coat of Seche Vite.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.

I started paying attention to Rescue Beauty Lounge because of the Fan Collection. The first time I saw anything about them was at the now retired blog, All Lacquered Up. She has a great overview with swatches plus the inspirational stories behind each polish in the collection there for you to read. I still am lusting for Aqua Lily (which I hear will be back this fall!!!).

Halcyon was part of this year's fan collection. I say 'was' because,sadly, this beauty is no longer available; I'm sorry to tease you with a polish that you can no longer get. Ji sometimes brings back retired/sold out polishes during their Bring It Back (BIB), so I'd follow her blog (here) to catch any announcements of the sort.
 
Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon. Outdoors, natural light, no flash.
Check out the pink shimmer!

Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

The picture here looks like there is both pink and gold shimmer to this polish. I only see pink on the nail, but I'll have to look harder next time I wear this!

Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
As far as I know, Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes are only available through their website (here). As I said before, this one in particular is sold out/retired, but stay tuned for a few others this week that are still up for grabs.

More soon! ^_^



.

No comments:

Post a Comment