Monday, August 27, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Color Club Warhol

Hello again!

Color Club Warhol. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
 I wanted to start the week off with my very first lemming. This is Color Club Warhol from the Poptastic collection. This may be one of my favorite polishes of all time!

Color Club Warhol. Indoors, artificial light, with flash. It's not quite so orange normally.
I was lemming this before I even knew what 'lemming' meant. For any newcomers, a nail polish lemming is a polish you've seen someone else wear and now you must have it for yourself--like lemmings who follow one another even to their doom! ^_^  I know they are a real animal, but I can't help but think of the little green-haired guys from the video game first! Anyway, before I really got into nail polish, my mother came home from the nail salon with this color on, and I had to have it. I searched online and found it, but didn't order--back then I wasn't keen on online shopping (that has certainly changed!!), but I never forgot the name of that polish. It was one of the first things I ordered when I started taking an interest in nail polish and nail blogs. 

Swatches today are one coat of Sally Hansen Nail Protix base, two fabulously easy coats of Warhol, and a coat of Seche Vite. Every Color Club polish I have worn has had a fantastic formula. This flows smoothly onto the nail and gave me no trouble whatsoever. This is neon, and very bright. It's definitely pink with orangey undertones, which you can see in certain light. I didn't have any sunlight for these swatches unfortunately. It rained steady all day Saturday of this past weekend. Sunday was sunny for a few hours, which I capitalized on to get some nice sunlight pictures of some holo and glitter polishes, but not this one. I took some flash pictures, which I normally skip, to try to give you a range of lighting conditions.

These pictures were taken in my lightbox. The left is without camera flash and the right is with flash.



I think I got this from Head2Toe Beauty--they're a great source for older nail polish collections and cheap too!

Color Club Warhol. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment