Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Pretty & Polished Pool Party

Hello again!

Pretty and Polished Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Today we have my very first indie polish purchase ever! Here is Pretty & Polished Pool Party!

Pretty and Polished Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This is a super fun jelly glitter sandwich in a bottle. The base is a milky blue with a million different glitters. There is a lot going on here--bar, hex, square, holographic glitters in every color. You may remember this from a few weeks back--it was a part of this fun mani.

Pretty and Polished Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This is one coat of Sally Hansen Protix, three coats of Pool Party , and one coat of old Seche Vite. In fact, my bottle is so goopy, I thought it ruined the mani before I could get pictures--halfway through my normal picture routine the polish wrinkled uniformally across all my nails. As I was going to remove it and start over, it leveled itself out. It was weird. I blame the Seche Vite. About time to add some thinner to that bottle.... Anyway, I love this polish. Someone else said that it looks like pool toys floating in a pool, and I couldn't agree more!

Application was easy. No fishing for glitter--there's more than enough in here. However, thinner coats with fewer brush strokes makes it easier. The glitter doesn't clump up or drag that way.

Pretty and Polished Pool Party. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.

So fun for summer! I love this!

Pretty and Polished Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I bought this from llarowe. Here is the product page. As I write this (Sunday evening), this polish is currently available. Leah Ann does a great job at keeping you informed about restocks and other polish happenings through email and her Facebook page, if this isn't still available by the time this posts. This was part of my first order from llarowe, and I was impressed by how quickly my order was filled (seriously, I got a shipping confirmation two hours after I hit the "Submit Order" button!). Check llarowe out! It's a great source for indie and import polish.

More soon! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment