Friday, August 17, 2012

Copy Cat NOTW: Two Ways

Hello again!


Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.

After finishing up swatches for this week, I wanted to do something fun with my nails. I had found this mani on Pinterest and pegged it to my "Nails! Nails! Nails" board to recreate. My take on it is definitely different, but that was my inspiration.

Indoors, artificial light and natural light, no flash.

All fingers got a base coat of Sinful Colors Nail Hardening base. On my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers I applied two coats of Pure Ice white (which is a terrible white, not to mention so old and goopy, I need a replacement). I topped the white with two coats of China Glaze Pool Party--a super bright, in your face neon pink/red-orange. This polish may be my new obsession. It's on my toes indefinitely! It's less red than the first picture, but far more vibrant than the indoor ones. This one was hard to capture!

Two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out on my middle and ring fingers.  The middle finger got a coat of Sally Hansen Glitz Gal. To pull everything together, I stamped a lacy image from BM11 onto Pool Party with Konad Special Black, and added the same to my ring finger with a mix of Konad Special White and Pool Party. I finished with a coat of NYC's In a New York Minute topcoat. I like how this turned out. It's very punky, if a bit busy. I love, love, love this idea of two accent nails.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I ended up needing a fresh mani by Wednesday this week, but I wasn't over this design idea yet. So here's my take two:

Indoors, artificial and natural light, no flash.


Once again, all fingers got some Sinful Colors Nail Hardening love. Thumb, pointer, and pinky started with two coats of Zoya Charisma and one coat of Orly Sec 'n Dry. Once morning hit and I saw them in the daylight, I thought a few nails needed a third coat, so they each got another coat of Charisma and Sec 'n Dry for good measure. Two coats of Orly Luxe went over my middle and ring fingers. Sally Hansen Big Money went over Luxe on my ring finger once it was dry and got multiple coats of Sec 'n Dry over the course of the evening to get a smooth finish. Finally, my middle finger was stamped in Zoya Carly with BM21 and topped with NYC In a New York Minute.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I love this even more than my first attempt. The gold accent nails rock!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I've got major swatching planned--let's hope the sunny days we've been having persist!

More Monday!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment