Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: OPI Skull & Glossbones

Hello again!

OPI Skull & Glossbones

Just a shortie post today!

Here is Skull & Glossbones from OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean collection. The formula was thick and a bit of a pain. I didn't use a base or topcoat with this. The first coat was really streaky and I was worried it wouldn't even out. I ended up needing three coats to get to this:

OPI Skull & Glossbones. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This was on my first ever wishlist--when I first started getting into this little hobby, I spent hours pouring over blogs, looking at swatches. I made this giant list of polishes that I had to have. This was one of them, and that list ended up getting nearly completed. You'll get to see them as I continue to try and swatch them all during this little project of mine.

Even though this was a pain formula-wise, I do like this polish. It has a nice cement look to it. It reminds me of Halloween for some reason (maybe the name?), and I have plans to use this in a Halloween mani a few months from now. OPI is sold in salons, which is where I found mine. I'm not actually sure where else to get them, or how to find older polishes. I've since stopped buying OPI for a number of reasons, accessibility is one of them, but I'll continue to showcase the ones that I do have.

OPI Skull & Glossbones. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment