Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Your Cheer Yourself Up Mani

Hello!!

Today's prompt is "Your Cheer Yourself Up Mani". How fun!

I went with my favorite type of mani for this one (the purple one in this post is one of my most favorite mani's I've ever done). My favorite types of mani's are usually the two accent nail type with good stamping, so I picked super happy neons and the smiley face from Bundle Monster plate, BM-304.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I started with a base of Seche Clear, and two coats each of Color Club Warhol and China Glaze Sun-kissed. Then I stamped the smiley on with Konad Special Polish in Black. A quick coat of NYC In a New York Minute, and this mani was all kinds of shiny.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I did have some issues with stamping today. The bigger the stamped area, the harder time I have of getting it to transfer cleanly. I ended up touching this up with a small brush to try and salvage it. The smile worked okay, but neither eye transferred the first time. I'm starting to think this is due to my black stamping polish -- it did the same thing on smaller images until I added a little bit of polish thinner. I may add a bit more and see how it goes....

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment