Monday, March 11, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls

Hello!

I have the infamous SUGAR SKULLS by Candy Lacquer for you today!!!!!! I was really lucky when I snagged this lemming during my January Haul.

Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This was originally a limited run polish for Halloween, but demand was so great, they kept producing it. I think it's sold out every time! This polish holds up to the hype -- it is awesomely complicated with a gorgeous color palette.
Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Sugar Skulls is a busy mix of shiny teal hex glitters; four sizes of matte white hexes; matte, white heart glitters; matte, pink heart glitters; small, matte pink hexes; small, yellow satin hexes; and, finally, yellow satin flower-shaped glitters! There are also some translucent bits in there and some holo shimmer. Maybe more, with everything going on in this polish, I may have missed something. What do you see?

Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Today's swatches are one dabbed coat of Sugar Skulls over the Orly Gumdrop swatch from last week. I needed a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite to smooth over the glitter. The clear base is a bit thick, but it needs to be to keep all that glitter in suspension. I didn't have any problems with this one -- I don't remember having to fish up any of the shaped glitter out of the bottle, so thumbs up to that!

Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

You'll need to stalk this one, if you want it. Candy Lacquer updates their Facebook page with restock info regularly, and they sell through Big Cartel. Hopefully, you'll get lucky like I did and stumble upon a restock before it was even announced! Good luck!

Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment