Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Stamping

Hello!!

Today's prompt is "Stamping"! Yay! As a personal goal, I am trying to incorporate as much stamping into this challenge as I can. I hope this will help me get better at it, so for today's mani, I went all out and used a three-layer stamped design.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I started with a base of Seche Clear, and two coats of China Glaze Fast Track. Once dry, I used Zoya Cheryl to stamp the background image from Bundle Monster plate, BM-314. After that, I used China Glaze Agro to stamp the leafy fern design from BM-03. Finally, I used Konad Special Polish in black to stamp the cute owl from BM-309. I sealed it all with one coat of NYC In a New York Minute.

Indoors, natural light, no flash.
The only trouble I had with my stamping today was the owl design. I had first tried to stamp with Color Club Wildflower, which usually works for me, but that was a no go. I even tried it out on paper first and it worked, so curvy nails caused fail? In the end, I was able to stamp over the failed image with another color and loved this look.

More soon!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment