Friday, July 12, 2013

NOTW: The FAIL Blogger Edition

{Postdated}

Hello!

So, I wore KBShimmer's Sugar Plum Faerie for most of last week. This post was supposed to be what I put on my fingers for Friday... but I never did around to getting a picture of it until it was too late. So here it is Tuesday night, all beat up. It's not even daylight, so I can't even distract you with holo goodness. Life's been a wee bit crazy around here. Plus, my lightbox lamp quit working, and it's replacement is not quite to my liking yet. I've got some experimenting to do with different light bulbs to see if I can get back to a bulb intensity and warmth that I'm happy with... Good thing I had this week's posts scheduled out way ahead of time or there would be silence!

Fail Skittles. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I started with a base coat of Duri Rejuvacote followed by two coats of OPI DS Extravagance on all my fingers but the ring finger which got two coats of Jade Mystic Gold. All of that was topped with one coat of Seche Vite.

On my middle finger, I layered on one coat of Zoya Gilty plus another coat of Seche Vite. My ring finger got the art deco-inspired stamp from Bundle Monster plate BM-202 in Konad Special Black, which was then sealed with a quick coat of NYC In a New York Minute.

I'm not sure I loved my color choices here; the gold really muddied the berry into a burgundy (which isn't helped by my current light set up!). I think something like OPI Koala Berry or Wet n' Wild Dreamy Poppy would've paired better with the gold. Oh well, can't win them all!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment