Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: China Glaze Pool Party

Hello!

Today I am excited to show you one of my favorite pink polishes! It's a really great match for the sweltering heat we have today. This is China Glaze Pool Party!

China Glaze Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Pool Party is a searing neon pink, that leans a little orange. It is super bright, and I wear this on my toes all summer. It really stands out. This is the first time I've had it on my fingers, and I think it is even more awesome now!
China Glaze Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today started with a base coat of Duri Rejuvacote, two coats of Milani White on the Spot topped with Seche Vite, then two coats of Pool Party, and one final coat of Seche Vite. The formula on this is nice. It glides on smoothly, and it dries matte, as neons normally do. The only thing of note here is that there is some sheerness to this, so an unevenness during application will stand out (especially in the sunlight!). I chose to layer it over white to really make the brightness pop.

China Glaze Pool Party. Outdoors, direct sunlight, no flash.
I'm not too happy with these pictures as far as color accuracy goes. This is much brighter and more orange leaning than my new light box set up would lead you to believe. The outdoors shot is actually a little closer to true, but it is still not completely right.

China Glaze Pool Party. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I'm pretty sure this polish has moved into their core line because I found it in the normal China Glaze display at Sally's not too long ago.

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment