Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: China Glaze Glam-more

Hello!

I have another special effect polish today. This is a crackle from China Glaze called Glam-more.

China Glaze Glam-more. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Glam-more is a pinky-purple, berry colored micro-glitter crackle polish.

China Glaze Glam-more. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
For swatches today I've used one coat over yesterday's Ruby Wing Wildflower swatch plus a coat of NYC In a New York Minute. I varied the thickness of my coats on each nail, trying to get an idea of the different ways the polish will react. The thinnest is on my thumb and thicker on up to my ring finger. The formula on this is weird. It's like a clear coat with micro glitter, so it goes on rather thin. I didn't think it had enough coverage when I put it on thin enough to crackle well (see my thumb), but if I layered it on heavier, it didn't crackle enough (ring finger).

China Glaze Glam-more. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
This is a fail for me, I really wanted a good contrast between the crackle and base polish, but this thin, glitter type formula made achieving that difficult. Glad I picked this up on clearance at Sally's! Maybe I can use this in a crazy glitter sandwich or something. At least the berry color is pretty!

China Glaze Glam-more. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment