Thursday, July 17, 2014

Stash Swatch Initiative: OPI Black Shatter

Hello!

I picked up OPI Black Shatter a long time ago, and now it's turn on the blog has finally come.

OPI Black Shatter. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Black Shatter is exactly that - a black, shatter effect polish. I'm not super in love with shatter/crackle polish, so I usually only whip this baby out around Halloween. For some reason, it has an eerie feel to me.


OPI Black Shatter. Indoors, artificial light, no flash (natural finish).

Swatches today are one thin coat of Black Shatter over yesterday's Sally Hansen Lava swatch, which I thought worked out nicely. In the above picture, I left the natural finish, and the rest have the combination topped with NYC In a New York Minute. Depending on how you apply this, you can get different shatter patterns. A thin application will look like my swatches -- with thin shatter lines. Use a thicker coat, and it will look more like the design on the cap, which you can start to see on my ring finger where I used a bit more polish. This is easy to use, but you do need to be quick since it will crackle as it dries, and it dries pretty fast.


OPI Black Shatter. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I really don't remember where my bottle came from, but I have seen it recently for sale in the independent salon I go to.

OPI Black Shatter. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment