Thursday, July 17, 2014

Preview: China Glaze The Giver Collection, My Picks

Hiya!!

So, I just got back from Sally's and look what I have to show you!!

My picks from the new China Glaze collection, The Giver!

I did really quick swatches of these as soon as I got home, so I could show them to you. I haven't seen these swatched up by the big-name bloggers yet, so I was surprised to see them out on the shelf.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
My picks are Friends Forever, Right?, the palest of pink cremes; History of the World, a dusty blue-purple; and Boundary of Memory, a black, silver, and copper microglitter. I used three coats of Friends Forever, Right? and Boundary of Memory. History of the World only needed two. Formula on these is impressive, especially the pale, Friends Forever, Right?. It doesn't have any of the normal problems we usually see with such pale colors. It self-levels really well. It's not streaky, and it is applies very smoothly. I could've gotten away with two coats, but I nicked it at the last second and did a quick fix with a third coat.

I didn't think to snap a picture of the display or swatch wheel, however... but I do remember seeing one other microglitter, a white one, in this collection. The rest looked to be cremes. There are some interesting shades here, but very subdued and fall-like.

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment