Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Merge or Melt

Hello!

Today's 31 Day Challenge Prompt is "Merge or Melt", so I did a gradient of polishes merging together!

Outdoors, shade, no flash.
I started with a base of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener and two coats of Essie Sand Tropez. Then I used a make-up sponge to make the gradient with Sand Tropez and China Glaze Fast Track. I finished this off with one coat of Seche Vite. The gold shimmer in Fast Track is gorgeous, but I couldn't get it off my fingers! Messy clean-up couldn't be avoided... some is STILL on there after scrubbing!

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Once dry, I stamped a coral butterfly over my neutral gradient. I love the colors in this mani. Color Club Wildflower was used for my stamping polish, and the butterfly came from Bundle Monster plate BM-303. I messed up index finger pretty phenomenally, so she got cropped out. I didn't have an easy time stamping. I'm not sure what the issue was today, and I was too impatient to experiment to figure it out. So, maybe that was the reason! Better luck next time!

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Let's see what the others did! More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment