Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved

Hello, hello!

I am so excited about this polish! I could not stop thinking about it after I saw it--had to have it! Sadly, this was a limited edition polish from Rainbow Honey for Valentine's Day. It is named Dearly Beloved.

Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Dearly Beloved is a clear-based glitter topper. It is loaded with shimmer and fine gold flakes, but there are some deep red square glitters and deep red hearts in there, too. What I love about this polish is that the tone of the glitters seems different than most. The gold has a burnished, antiqued look to it and the deep red hearts are matte, I think. It's a unique combination.

Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
I decided to show this a number of ways. First, I layered one coat of Dearly Beloved over (from index to pinkie:) Milani White on the Spot, Zoya Robyn, Sally Hansen Black Out, and Zoya Sooki. All swatches today have a base coat of Seche Clear and were finished with one coat each of Gelous and NYC In a New York Minute. I had zero issues with the formula.

Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I thought this looked great over Zoya Robyn, so I showed it that way in a full swatch, too. I can't wait to try this over a deep blue next!

Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I bought this bottle from Rainbow Honey's website. I don't know if this one will ever be offered again, but from their Facebook page, I see that they are doing a limited edition polish each month. Check it out!

Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved. Indoors, artificial light, with flash.
More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment