Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Inspired by Your Country

Hello!

I did some simple red, white, and blue nails for today's "Inspired by Your Country" prompt.

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
I started with a base of Seche Clear and two coats of Contrary Polish Santorini on all but my ring finger, which got one coat of Zoya Sooki plus one of Orly Star Spangled. I used the stars and stripes images from Bundle Monster plate, BM-20, stamped in Konad Special Polish in White.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I had a terrible time stamping today. I knew from past experience that the larger star shapes were not opaque in Konad Special White over blue. That attempt, it looked like I had scraped away too much of the stamping polish, so this time I tried a lighter hand when scraping the image. That did not fix the problem at all. The stamped images sort of 'ghosted' from too much polish being left. They turned out rather blobby without crisp edges. The whole thing looks messy. :( So, it's either not quite opaque or sloppy? What to do? Anyone have advice for stamping large images? Help!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment