Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Texture

Hello!

Today's prompt is "Texture". Now, this could have been really easy. I've got several bottles of textured finish nail polish just sitting there in the drawer, but I wanted to include stamping. When I saw this image on Bundle Monster plate BM-224, I couldn't help but think about the way the top of a pool of lava crusts over and cracks. The final result reminds me of crocodile leather, too. Either way, texture achieved.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I started with a base of Seche Clear, two coats of Layla CE53, and one coat of NYC In a New York Minute. Once dry, I used Konad Special Polish in Black to stamp the image. I think this turned out just okay. It does look textured. I left the stamped polish without topcoat to enhance the textured idea. This may have been better had I used a monochromatic color scheme and just stamped matte polish over shiny.

Outdoors, shade, no flash.
I had all sorts of issues stamping this time. I had originally planned to use China Glaze Stone Cold as my stamping polish, but the polish dried way too fast. I could not scrape, pick up the image, and get it to my nail fast enough. It just dried on the stamper, so I switched to the stamping polish. I had a little more success, but I had to be really quick about it. I'm guessing that the low humidity we've had here lately is the culprit.

I'm curious to see what everyone else came up with because I had a hard time coming up with an idea! More soon! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment