Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Essie Sand Tropez

Hello again!!

Essie Sand Tropez. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I have another Essie today. I have to be honest here, I don't have much love for Essie. The first three I ever tried had bad formulas and did not match bottle color to what they actually looked like on at all. After reading about other blogger's love for this brand, I was less than impressed and a bit disappointed, to say the least. So, I pretty much wrote them off my wishlist. Recently, I've been getting a lot of those CVS Reward coupons. I swear I don't intend to go in there and purchase the required items, but a few happy coincidences left me with $30 worth of going-to-expire coupons. So, I used them to get a few Essie polishes for 'free' technically and give them a second shot.

Essie Sand Tropez. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This one is Sand Tropez. It is a neutral creme polish--almost what I expected China Glaze Sunset Sail to look like, actually.

Essie Sand Tropez. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
So, how did this one do? Well, formula is not great. It's a little streaky and took three coats over a base of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener to level out. Even with the one coat of Seche Vite I topped this off with, the dry time was long. I'm still sort of 'meh' about the brand. As Gold As It Gets, from last week, was another coupon purchase and that one, I have to say, is probably worth the price tag. This one... again, meh. It's a creme, so the streakiness is to be expected. It's a nice neutral, if a bit boring.

Essie Sand Tropez. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment