Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: China Glaze Sunset Sail

Hello again!!

China Glaze Sunset Sail. Indoors, artificial  light, no flash.
This is China Glaze Sunset Sail. Like Butter London's All Hail the Queen, this was another one from the very first list of lemmings.  It's very peachy looking on me rather than the sandy neutral I was expecting. Even if this polish is much different in person than I expected it to be, I still really like it.


China Glaze Sunset Sail. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are just two coats of Sunset Sail sans a base or a topcoat. I think this was one of my very first swatches, hence the no base or topcoat. This past weekend was a little crazy, so I had to dig out the last three unposted swatches sitting in my folder to keep up with the posting schedule I set out for this blog. They're all from my first swatch session, I think. It's crazy, I just started blogging two and half months ago, but I can see an improvement in my photography skills! Yes!

The formula on this is a bit thick. It's streaky on the first pass, but as you can see, evens out in two. It's a peachy neutral with a hidden shimmer. The shimmer is very, very subtle and hard to see in most light. I tried to capture it here.

China Glaze Sunset Sail. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Since we're taking a walk town NeverWithoutPolish's memory lane, here's an old mani I did with Sunset Sail before I started blogging. I do remember that I used regular scotch tape for the stripes--I used three of the polishes from China Glaze's Summer Neons collection. I just painted it on a piece of tape and waited until is was dry. Then I cut the piece of tap into thin strips and put it over the (dried) Sunset Sail mani. Cell phone pictures! Yay!

China Glaze Sunset Sail with neon stripes. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
That's all for today! More soon!! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment