Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Revlon Spooky Skull

Hello again!!

Today I have a swatch of Revlon Spooky Skull. I've been seeing a lot of you find my site by using that one as a search term. I suspect from my mention of it here, my ghostie manicure, where I layered it over white. I thought I'd oblige and do an actual swatch and review of Spooky Skull. I haven't seen any swatches around the internets yet, so maybe this will be useful to some of you!

Revlon Spooky Skull. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Spooky Skull is a sheer white jelly with a white shimmer. This one is super, super sheer. Swatches today are a base coat of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener, then one coat of Spooky Skull on my pinkie finger, two on my ring finger, three on my middle finger and thumb, and, finally, four coats on my index finger. I skipped topcoat with this one because it was nice and shiny alone. It has a good, self-leveling formula, which gave me no trouble.

Revlon Spooky Skull. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I picked this up in hopes of doing some jelly sandwich manis with it. It's very sheer, so I'm not sure how well it will work for that purpose. I'll have to experiment!

Revlon Spooky Skull. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
 I found my bottle at CVS, but I've also spied the display at Walgreens. 

Revlon Spooky Skull. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon!!





2 comments:

  1. Just found this on clearance at Walgreens tonight! I actually thought it was a glow in the dark because it was so sheer. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!! You're welcome -- I'm glad my blog could be useful! Thanks for taking a look! ^_^

      Delete