Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: China Glaze Sweet Hook

Hello again!!

Today I've got a quick swatch post for ya! Here is China Glaze Sweet Hook from the Electropop Collection.
China Glaze Sweet Hook. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This is a really pretty lilac purple creme. For some reason, my camera wanted to make this a little more pink than it really is. Honestly, I think the cell phone picture at the end of the post is closer to color accurate than my 'good' camera got. Huh. Anyway, it's a great basic polish color. The formula on this is par for the course for a pastel creme, meaning the first coat is streaky, but with a thicker second coat it evens out. Polishes like this can be tricky to apply. You need to make sure your first coat is dry before applying the second to avoid dragging the polish and creating bald spots. This also dries to what I call a 'plastic-y' feel. It's hard to describe... it feels kinda thick and rubbery maybe? Polishes like these also don't last as long for me and tend to peel off in a big sheet rather than chip away. Orly Gumdrop has the same consistency. Anyone else know what I mean?

China Glaze Sweet Hook. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Past me didn't take very good notes while swatching this. My standard is two coats, so that I'm pretty sure about, but I'm going to guess that I probably didn't use a base coat and topped this with NYC's In a New York Minute.

China Glaze Sweet Hook. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I know I wore this in a mani to work conference last May. I think that darker purple is Zoya Dannii. Here are my lovely cell phone camera skills and questionable lighting! Enjoy! ;P

China Glaze Sweet Hook with Zoya Dannii. Indoors, office lighting, no flash!
More soon!! ^_^








No comments:

Post a Comment