Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"This is Halloween" Nail Art Challenge: Trick or Treat!

Hello again!! As I'm writing this on Sunday night, I'm already hearing the wind and rain from Hurricane Sandy--by the time this posts, I doubt I'll have power, so I'll see you all as soon as we get it back! Be safe if you're affected as well!


Indoors, artificial light, no flash.


Today's "This is Halloween" Nail Art Challenge prompt is "Trick or Treat!". This one can be open to a lot of interpretation. I went with costumes, decorations, and candy since these are pretty much the three major elements of the Trick or Treating that takes place on Halloween. I chose to do a skittle mani for this one, and it was rather fun to do. I started off with a base of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener on all my nails, but let's continue on by breaking this down one nail at a time.

On my thumb, I used a base of Milani White Out. After it had dried, I used two pieces of tape to create a straight edge for the orange in the candy corn design. This color is a super old bottle of Rimmel Tequila Sunrise, which I normally use for stamping. At the tip, I freehanded the yellow in Barielle Lemondrops.


Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

My pointer finger got a base coat of Pure Ice Wild Thing. Once that was dry, I used OPI Black Shatter. I used Konad Special Polish in black and white to create the monster's eyes. The mouth is done in OPI Got the Blues for Red.


Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

My middle finger got a base coat of what is becoming my favorite shade of orange--One coat of Zoya Arizona followed by a coat of Zoya Coraline. Once this was dry, I used Konad Special Polish in black to draw the jack-o-lantern face on using a bobby pin.


Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

My ring finger is a recreation of my Ghostie manicure from October 8th. I so loved that mani! I started with a base coat of Milani White Out and topped it with two coats of Revlon Spooky Skull. Once that was dry, some more Konad Special polishes were used to make his face.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

My pinky finger is more candy! It's three coats of Zoya Mimi stamped in Konad Special polish and Bundle Monster Plate BM-02.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Whew!! That was a ton of explanation. Everything then got a generous coat of Seche Vite. Trick or Treat! Hope your Halloween is full of fun!

Check out the others below!



More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment