Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling

Hello again!!

Today I have my very first Essence polish to show you! I finally lucked out and found a display at Ulta that wasn't completely empty! It was only half empty! --_^ So, I snagged three interesting looking ones. This one is Gorgeous Bling Bling.

Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are a basecoat of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener, three coats of Gorgeous Bling Bling, and one coat of Seche Vite. I only needed two coats for opacity but waited a few days to snap some pictures, so, because of some minor tipwear, I touched up with an additional coat of color plus topcoat.

Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling. Outdoors, sunlight at sunset, no flash.
Formula was fine, but the brushes on these are big and paddle-like (similar to the Sally Hansen Gem Crush series), which are not my favorite. That aside, this is a gorgeous burnt orange creme with small gold flakies. I love the flakies in this--they're transluscent gold, I think! The base color is unusual. It's almost tomato-colored, but more orange. Reminiscent of Spaghettios sauce color for me--hehe.

Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling. Outdoors, sunlight at sunset, no flash.
In the US, I only know to find these at Ulta. I'm loving the little bottles and the price tag. They seem to have some winning colors as well. I've been on the hunt for Blue Addicted (I hear this is a Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe dupe, and Deborah Lippmann polishes are outside of my current polish budget!) since I saw it swatched somewhere ages ago. Wish me luck!

Essence Gorgeous Bling Bling. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon!! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment