Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Essie Armed and Ready

Hello again!

Here is Essie Armed and Ready.

Essie Armed and Ready. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This is a deep, murky green-grey with copper shimmer. The shimmer on this one is really very subtle. This isn't a color I'm terribly fond of... greens just don't do it for me. However, I think it's a nice fall shade.

Essie Armed and Ready. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
The only other time I wore this, I had terrible issues with the formula. I thought it was awfully thick and it bubbled. This time, however, I had none of those issues. Maybe I've gotten a little better with application? Or perhaps I was too rushed the first time? I don't know. Anyway, this is a base of Seche Clear, two coats of Armed and Ready, and one of Seche Vite.

Essie Armed and Ready. Outdoors, natural light, no flash.
The shimmer is very shy, and in most light, this just looks somewhere between grey and green. I didn't have much sun this past weekend, so I tried to use the camera flash to compensate in the last picture.

I think this was a part of the Go Overboard collection, and I bought my bottle either earlier this year or last year when it first came out from my local CVS. Last time I was there, this was still in the display. So if you're after it, you can probably find it still!

Essie Armed and Ready. Indoors, artificial light, with flash. Just a hint of shimmer!
More soon!! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment