Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Purple

Hello!!

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Today's prompt for the challenge I'm participating in is "Purple". I took inspiration from a newly acquired polish -- OPI Care to Danse? It's a pretty lilac shade, so I went the lilac route for this one.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
So, I started with my usual base of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener, and layered up four coats of OPI Care to Danse?, which is a very sheer, pretty lilac jelly. I topped that with Seche Vite to speed up dry time, and waited before adding one coat of OPI Pirouette My Whistle, which is a dainty glitter topper of soft satin hexes and silver shimmer. I wasn't happy with the amount of purple I had going yet, so I added one coat of Milani Jewel FX in Lavender. I topped all of that with one more coat of Care to Danse? and more Seche Vite to create this squishy glitter sandwich.

Outdoors, natural light, no flash.
I then used Essie Nothing Else Metals to stamp the wavy lines from Bundle Monster plate BM-209. That got sealed with a quick coat of NYC's In a New York Minute. Here's the final, finished mani.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I took my time with this mani. I waited quite a bit for things to dry before moving on to the next step or layer. Stamping didn't give me any problems this time. I guess my biggest lesson was the one about patience during the first day of the challenge. The only minor thing to note is that the lines on this image peeled up a bit at the edges. I had to tamp them down with a light touch. I did lose a few pieces, especially near the tip, but otherwise, this was a breeze.

Let's see what everyone else did! More soon!! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment