Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31 Day Challenge: Silver

Hello!

Today is day two of the 31 day challenge, and today's prompt is "Silver". I'm not entirely sure of the rules here, but I started with silver nails... so that counts right?

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I started with one very carefully applied coat of MS Milani, which is an okay silver polish. It's not the super metallic polish like we've seen recently from Essie. It's definitely a frosty finish and feels very 'vintage'. It did show some brush strokes, so I used a make-up sponge to dab on a final coat to hide them. Since I was already doing that, I decided to add some pink with Zoya Rory to create a little gradient. Once that was all dry, I stamped the heartstrings image from BM-11 with Zoya Carly. I topped it all off with NYC In a New York Minute. In the end, I loved how this turned out, even if I wasn't crazy about the silver I started out with for my base color.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I spent much more time on this mani than the last one, keeping in mind the lesson learned about patience there. I'm happy to say, I had no problems with this mani. Everything worked to my satisfaction, and it's as perfect as I think I could ever manage. Yay for winning!

Check out the others' manis below!! More soon! ^_^
























No comments:

Post a Comment