Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Duochrome, Flakie, or Holo

Hello!

Outdoors, shade, no flash.
I am unashamedly copy-cating someone else's manicure today. I saw this linked on the Crumpet's Nail Tarts Facebook Group's page, I thought it was so awesome that I had to try it for myself! And as soon as possible! Go see the original on Caitlin's blog, it's great! I'll wait.....

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Okay! So, I didn't have the same polishes, so I went with what I did have. As a result, my version ended up a darker, less Rainbow Fish, and more Dragon! I started with a base of Seche Clear, two coats of the gorgeous OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest!, and Seche Vite. On top of that I layered one coat each of Nubar 2010, Zoya Maisie, and Zoya Chloe. After more Seche Vite and some time, I used AEngland St. George to stamp the closest image I had to scales, the fishnet design from Bundle Monster plate BM-209. The stamping was very subtle over this dark and brooding mani, maybe too subtle, so you may have to look closely--it's there! I may revisit this someday with different base polishes so the stamping will show up better.

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
While not bright and awesome as my inspiration, I was enthralled with this version too. What a great idea! Thanks for inspiration, Caitlin!!

Check out the other challenge participants below! More soon!! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment