Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Gold

Hello!

Squeaking in under the wire on this one tonight! But here is the next prompt from the Laid-Back 31DC, Gold Nails!

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
I had so many gold polishes that I couldn't decide on which to use, so I went for skittles and used a bunch! I started with a base of Sally Hansen Black Out on all but my middle and ring fingers, which got Orly Luxe. Once that was dry, I layered Zoya Gilty over the black on my pinkie finger. My ring finger got a layer of topcoat, then I smashed some gold micro beads into the topcoat for a fish egg/caviar accent nail. My middle and pointer fingers got the square design from Bundle Monster plate BM-203 stamped in the opposing color. Finally, I used Milani Jewel FX in Gold to create a gradient with glitter on my thumb.

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
Stamping this time was a little frustrating. Both polishes I used to stamp with smeared a little bit, which I'm going to contribute to the stamping plate being cut deeply (or maybe my curvy nails?). It's minor so I consider this a near success this time, however, I managed to smudge the tip of each design very slightly. Sometimes, I just can't win. In the end, I really loved how this turned out.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Check out the other participants' gold manis below! More soon!! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment