Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stash Swatch Initiative: OPI This Gown Needs a Crown

Hello!

I'm starting the year out right and keeping to my resolution of posting more than four swatches per week -- here is OPI's This Gown Needs a Crown!

OPI This Gown Needs a Crown. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
This Gown Needs a Crown is a very shiny silver foil-like polish that dries down to a satin finish. The silver flecks are so shiny that the satin effect is rather subtle. It is just sheer enough at one coat that you could layer it over another color, but I only needed two coats for opacity.

OPI This Gown Needs a Crown. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are a base coat of Seche Clear, and two coats of This Gown Needs a Crown. The polish is easy to work with and applies easily.

OPI This Gown Needs a Crown. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
In this picture, I added a coat of topcoat to just my ring finger. There is barely a discernible difference in sheen, but this polish is gorgeous either way you want to wear it. I do like the satin finish because it gives the polish a softer look that is very pretty.

Add caption
I purchased my bottle recently from Ulta. The added crown-shaped charm comes attached to the bottle, which I think it a super cute idea! This polish is definitely a winner -- good job, OPI!

More soon! ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment