Friday, January 17, 2014

Stash Swatch Initiative: Essence Jacob's Protection

Hello!

Today's polish is Jacob's Protection from Essence.

Essence Jacob's Protection. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Jacob's Protection was a part of what I assume was a special edition collection for the second Twilight movie (third? I didn't fall victim to that particular craze.). It is a black jelly base loaded with shimmer. It's either iridescent shimmer that flashes blue, purple, and green or a mix of shimmers in those colors. It's hard to tell, but either way, it's really pretty.

Essence Jacob's Protection. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are a base coat of Seche Clear, two coats of Jacob's Protection, and one coat of NYC In a New York Minute. I didn't have any problems with the formula, but I hate the brush! It's wide and flat, and I found it a bit difficult to use with precision.

Essence Jacob's Protection. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
So, I actually ended up wearing this one for our out-of-town trip last weekend. This swatch was so gorgeous, I couldn't wait to get this back on my nails. I was in a rush to do that mani before we left and must've used thicker coats than I did here. I think because of that is why this fell completely flat and dull on the nail. I was so mad and disappointed! I was stuck with what looked like pitted black polish on my nails all weekend instead of the glowing, navy sparkle-fest I was expecting! So, make sure you use a final thin coat to get this look!

I purchased this bottle a long while ago at Ulta. I doubt you can still find this one... sorry!

Essence Jacob's Protection. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^






No comments:

Post a Comment