Sunday, May 5, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: A Mani Inspired By Me!

Hello!!

Today's challenge prompt is "Inspired by You". For this challenge I took the little "About Me" blurb, and turned it into a mani!


"I'm just a nerdy girl who loves nail polish. And make-up. And video games. And baking. And quilting. And puppies."


Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
My thumb represents the love for polish and make-up because anyone who loves nail polish will be aware of the indie polish trend and be up on the latest and greatest collections. I've used one coat of Candy Lacquer Candy Dots, a well-known indie brand, over two coats of China Glaze Snap My Dragon, the newest from China Glaze. 

My pointer finger gave me the most trouble, idea-wise. It's the finger for 'video games'. As I planned out this mani, I had no idea what to do. I'd already done Pac-Man nails and didn't want a repeat. Once I decided on the color palette, Princess Peach immediately came to mind, but I knew I lacked the skills to draw her. Good thing I remembered that I have her namesake polish from Dollish Polish! So, I used one coat of A Peachy Princess over two of China Glaze Snap My Dragon.

Middle finger is for my love of baking. I wanted a sweet, sugary look, so I used three coats of Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely In Love and stamped the cupcake image from Bundle Monster plate BM-307 with Snap My Dragon. 

Next, is quilting! I used the same polish combination as the previous finger, but stamped the cross-hatch, quilted pattern from BM-310 .

Lastly, puppies. ^_^ Snap My Dragon provides the background for a paw print stamped in Konad Special Black from BM-323.

I chose to use pink polish for this one because it is my favorite polish color. Pink nails are happy nails! 

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment