Sunday, May 12, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Inspired By a Blogger

Hi!

Today's prompt is "Inspired By a Blogger". I read a LOT of blogs, but lately, I have been loving what A Girl and Her Polish has been up to. She does some great nail art and wonderful stamping. Her designs are cute and clean. I chose this design as my inspiration.

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
I started with a base coat of Seche Clear followed by two coats of OPI Party In My Cabana. I topped that with one coat of NYC In a New York Minute. Once dry, I stamped the floral image from Bundle Monster plate BM-210 with Pure Ice Ice Merlot and topped that with another coat of NYC. I added dots with Cult Nails Vicious using a bobby pin.

Stamping went well today. I did try a different polish for stamping first, so in this macro shot, you can see my mistake (on my pointer finger). That one didn't provide enough contrast in color, so I switched to the Pure Ice. Iced Merlot is a nice polish for stamping, and this design didn't give me any trouble. Yay!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment