Sunday, May 19, 2013

Crumpet's Laid-Back 31DC: Recreate Someone Else's Mani

Hello!

I've done it! I've completed the 31 Day Challenge! ^_^

The final challenge prompt is "Recreate Someone Else's Mani". I picked the simple design from Joyluscious' Day Six post to recreate. She used her toes for this one, which is awesome, but I did my fingers. I've got some things coming up at work this week that I'm not looking forward to, so I wanted to use a bold, strong color to hopefully boost my confidence. I also needed a simple look that would be office appropriate. Normally, I don't need to mind what's on my nails, but this coming week is different. Joyluscious' design fit what I had in mind perfectly.

Copycat Challenge Prompt!
I started with a one-two punch base coat combination of Duri Rejuvacote and Sinful Colors Nail Hardener. I layered on two coats of my favorite bright red creme, Zoya Sooki, after that was dry. Then, I used one coat of Orly Sec n' Dry for the topcoat. I stamped part of the floral design from Konad plate m60 with Konad Special Polish in white. The glitter dots were fished out of my bottle of Candy Lacquer Candy Dots with a toothpick. I sealed everything with a final coat of NYC In a New York Minute.

Hopefully, this mani will get me through the week! Can it be the weekend all over again? At least Game of Thrones is on in a few minutes!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment