Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat

Hello again!
Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat. Indoors, artificial light, with flash.
Today's polish is the very awesome glitter bomb from Black Cat Lacquer's Halloween Release. This is Trick or Treat!

Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
There is a lot going on in this bottle. It's a very complex glitter topcoat. I see tiny iridescent glitter; orange mini bar glitter; pink matte squares; small matte hexes in orange, green, blue, pink and silver; tiny orange matte hexes; and large matte hexes in blue, red, and purple. Whew! Get all that? Here's a bottle shot for reference.

Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are one coat of Trick or Treat (with a little bit of dabbing to fill in some gaps) over yesterday's RBL Aqua Lily swatch. I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite. The formula is a little thick, but not too bad. I added just a little bit of thinner to my bottle, but I think it'd be okay without it. Otherwise, this was easy to work with, and I got the desired glitter coverage easily.

Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
As soon as I saw this polish, I knew what I'd pair it with. I'm absolutely loving this combination. The big matte glitters in this are either textured or patterned, and I love that about it. I got this as a Christmas gift from my awesome fiance, but I happen to know he got it from Black Cat Lacquer's Etsy store. Unfortunately, since this was a Halloween polish, it is no longer available. Here's hoping it's a seasonal polish and will be back next year! *crosses fingers* (Oh wow, I just realized I've had two polishes in a row that are no longer available! Sorry for the teasies!)

Black Cat Lacquer Trick or Treat. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon!! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment