Thursday, February 6, 2014

GOT Polish Challenge: Green

Hello!

Today's prompt is green.. my least favorite polish color of all... welp, let's get on it!


I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Base Coat, two coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge Halcyon, and one coat of Seche Vite. Once that was dry I attempted to stamp a floral design in pink (which you can sort of see on my pinkie), but had no luck. I think either my stamping plate isn't etched deep enough or the pink polish I tried to use has gotten too thick. So, I abandoned that idea for the ivy pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-312 and Cult Nails Nevermore, which worked out much better! I randomly stamped parts of the image around my nails to evoke the sense that the ivy has started to get overgrown on my nails. I think it turned out quite nicely.

Indoors, artificial, light, no flash.

I like the somber look of this. There's something reminiscent of The Secret Garden about it. I like how the pink shimmer in Halcyon adds a bit of interest and intrigue. Okay, Green, you can stay... in small quantities.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment