Friday, December 27, 2013

NOTW: Snowflakes!

Hello!

Well, that last mani was the one and only Christmas mani I made time for this year. Good thing it wore like iron -- I had it on for twelve days! And it looked great until that last day - I only had minor tipwear. I have some other ideas for Christmas manis, but since the season has passed, they'll have to wait until next year.

Snowflakes! Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Today's nails were inspired by this mani from The Nail Network. I started with my usual base combination of Duri Rejuvacote and Sinful Colors Nail Hardener. Then, I layered up three coats of Revlon Spooky Skull, which has sadly discolored to a warm, yellow-toned white over the year since I last used it. Super bummed about it... but I embraced the yellowed look and used one coat of Essie As Gold As it Gets over top, followed by Seche Vite. Once dry, I stamped the snowflakes from BM-323 with Konad Special Polish in White. A quick coat of NYC In A New York Minute sealed and glossed everything over.

I then tried stamping single snowflakes in gold like the inspiration mani, but they didn't show up at all. So I left it at this. I thought the yellowed base color would work out due to the warm tone of the look. It almost does, but in person, it comes off more like discolored nails. Is there any save for a yellowed and discolored bottle of polish? Help!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment