Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stash Swatch Initiative: Zoya Wednesday

Hello again!

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
 
Since it is Wednesday, I thought this would appropriate. Meet Zoya Wednesday from their recent summer Beach & Surf Collection. It's a beautiful dusty blue-green creme. It's a little more green than it looks here; no sunlight available at the time to get a better picture.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

This applied nicely and was so smooth when I was finished. I waited a day to stamp over this, and I kept running my fingers across my nails because they felt so perfectly glasslike. The first coat was slightly streaky, but a second coat evened everything out. Shown here is Sinful Colors Nail Hardening Basecoat, two coats of Zoya Wednesday, and one coat of Seche Vite. Seche Vite usually doesn't play well with Zoyas, but this time it didn't pull or shrink the polish noticeably.

I compared this to a few other polishes I thought might be similar:


Orly Gumdrop, Nyx Algae, Zoya Wednesday. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Algae is pretty similar to Wednesday, but it is darker. Gumdrop is much lighter and cleaner than the other two. Formula-wise, I had no issues with any of them, though all apply streaky on the first coat and even out with a second.

Zoya can be purchased at their website Zoya.com and at Ulta stores (though, every time I've been in Ulta, the Zoya displays have been severely picked over). If you're interested in trying them, I'd suggest liking their Facebook page. They do a ton of promotions with really great deals. In fact, that's the reason I tried this brand in the first place--I had a buy 3 get 3 free promotion code that I just couldn't pass up, which led to about 20 more bottles jumping in my shopping cart.... Addict? I think so ^_^

This beauty is part of my current mani--check in Friday to see how I dressed her up!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment