Friday, July 20, 2012

Copy Cat: Jelly Sandwich - Nails of the Week

Hello there.

First off, I want to be up front about this: this mani was not my idea.

Have you heard about Pinterest? Are you using it yet? It is awesome, so if you don't know what it is, go check it out (I'll gladly send a Pinterest invite out to anyone who wants one--just shoot me an email). Sometime last fall, I discovered Pinterest and that's how my addiction to nail polish started. I saw a photo of a mani just like this there back in January. It intrigued me, so I followed the link and discovered nail polish blogging. It's taken me six months to work my way down the list of "Mani's to Try" to get to this one, but here it is: 

Sunlight.
The inspiration for this week's manicure came from Cristina over at Let Them Have Polish. I'd link to her, but I'm not sure what the etiquette is for doing that... is there a Blogger 101 course I can take? I think I need that. Anyway, I don't want to be discourteous and make the link if that's not okay, but I do want to give credit where credit is due. I saw this on her blog first! Google exists, I'm sure you can find your way over there if you don't follow already (she's awesome; I love reading her posts!). 

Sunlight.

This is three coats of Zoya Coraline from the Birchbox Blogger Trio, which is excessive for this mani, I admit, but I stopped there and took swatch photos (so look for a post with that on it's own soon!). One smooshed around coat of Milani Jewel FX in Gold. Topped with another two coats of Coraline. This was super shiny, but I did top the whole thing off with a coat of Seche Vite to help dry it all.

Wear time on this has been great. I put this on Sunday night, and it is still looking good this Friday morning with some barely noticeable tip wear. I wasn't sure it would last this long because Zoya Kate, Coraline's pink sister, showed a lot of tip wear after just two days when I wore it on it's own.

I'm excited to see the new Zoya Gloss collection. I love these Birchbox jellies from Zoya, so I am thrilled to see them come out with more. I'll have to swatch the rest of the Birchbox trio soon--you don't want to miss out on it. It's limited edition and can be purchased at Birchbox.com for $22 with free shipping! The Milani Jewel FX I found at CVS. 

More soon! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment