Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bonus Post: NOTD and a Haul!

Good evening!

I wasn't planning on posting anything more until tomorrow, but I had some fun yesterday that I wanted to share. Mr. NeverWithoutPolish and I went on a shopping trip, and I scored some exciting things.


But before we get to that, I wanted to show you what I wore on my nails for this adventure. You see, by Friday night, my current mani (which you can see here) was in less than great shape, and I was tired of it anyway. I knew I'd be doing some swatching Sunday, so I needed a quick, fresh coat of paint to wear while out and about the next day. I told Mr. NeverWithoutPolish to pick a bottle, any bottle. He dug around a bit and surfaced with Zoya Maisie. Plan failed--this is a topcoat, I tell him, pick something to go under it. He searched some more and handed me my bottle of China Glaze Riveting. Here is the end result, excuse the tipwear, the pictures came after a long day of shopping.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.



I thought this ended up rather nicely, and Mr. NeverWithoutPolish thought he did a good job. The green-blue flakies show up in nice contrast to the orange sparkle of Riveting. For extra fun, I mattified my ring fingers. 

Outdoors, natural light, no flash.
 
Onto the good stuff!


Sally's Loot!

I had a ton of coupons to use up yesterday, and the first stop was Sally Beauty. The lady at Sally's yesterday was kind enough to get the new China Glaze Bohemian Luster Chrome collection out of the back for me to look at and take my pick from. I was really grateful for this since the ladies in my local Sally's don't do that kind of thing (even though, I'd heard of this happening to many people throughout the Interwebs, I hadn't been privileged enough to experience it firsthand until now). The display she brought out had all the polishes except for Unpredictable, which was one of the two I wanted, so the lady was even more kind to go dig through the extra inventory to get one for me. While she was gone, I hit up the clearance rack and scored Glam-more, which was one of those polishes I wasn't planning on picking up unless it was a deal. Score! I've seen a few jelly sandwiches that use this and now I can't wait to give it a try. I also had my 15% off to use this month, so I walked out of there with Swanky Silk, Unpredictable, and Glam-more for less than fifteen bucks!

Ulta Loot!

After that, it was time for Ulta. /rant on Now, I love Ulta stores--I like how they're set up. I like how friendly and helpful the staff are, and I like how everything is sectioned off and samples are out for me to play with. What I don't like is that nearly all of the good stuff is excluded from coupons--if you send me a 20% off my purchase coupon, I get bummed when less than half of what I buy is eligible. I know, I should be thankful for any savings but still, it's like their baiting me. /rant off  I picked up a few things I use everyday that I was running low on--the Urban Decay Primer Potion (totally awesome stuff--eye makeup stays on all day. Love. It.) and some more mascara from Tarte (I also love Tarte--I experimentally switched form drug store brands to cruelty free, higher end brands a few months ago and Tarte was my brand of choice. I snagged a few value sets to try a range of their products all at once, and I'm hooked. I have never been this happy with my skin before--it's finally clear! Rejoice!). And since I was already there, I of course had to look through the polish displays. Sadly, everything was very picked over and only a few lonely bottles were left anywhere. I had wanted to try some Essence polishes but they were completely gone. They have a buy 2 get 1 free deal going so I grabbed some Zoyas from my wishlist and Orly Androgynie at random (I fell victim to the gorgeous gold holo glitter peeking out through the black base). The Zoyas are Robyn, Mimi, and Charisma.


Fresh Sugar minis and a big ol' purse for traveling.

After that, it was on to the mall where I got my birthday gift offer from Sephora, free underwear from Victoria's Secret (not pictured), and a new purse! Mr. NeverWithoutPolish snagged some clearanced golf shirts, and we perused new luggage options from several stores in anticipation of our Montana vacation next month. It was a fun day--we ate some bad for us food (waaaay cheating on our diets--Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast, Famous Dave's for lunch, and Coldstone Creamery for dinner. Nom!). We ended the day watching the Dark Knight Rises.

Such fun! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent most of today swatching in front of the television with the Olympics on. Go USA!! Check back tomorrow--I'll have swatches of the two China Glaze Bohemian duochromes for you!

More soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment