Friday, July 27, 2012

Nails of the Week: Wednesday and St. George


Hello again!

As promised, here is what I wore this week featuring Zoya Wednesday, A-England St. George, and Nyx Aqua Glitter:

Outdoors, sunlight.

I used one coat of Sinful Colors Nail Hardening Base Coat, two coats of Zoya Wednesday, and a coat of Seche Vite. After a day, I wanted a little more flair so I used hole-protectors to cover the base of Wednesday at the top of my nail and painted the rest with one coat of Nyx Aqua Glitter, which just added some sparkle. Once that was dry, I used Bundle Monster plate BM 21 and St. George to stamp over the same area. I then removed the hole-protectors. I had planned on leaving it that way, but it looked unfinished. My solution was to freehand a line at the top, creating a stronger half-moon design. This was my first try with a nail art brush and freehand, and I have to say, I dislike how thick the line became. I didn't have time to try again, but I'd have been much happier with this had it been a thin line. Live and learn, I guess! I topped everything off with a coat of New York Color's In a New York Minute Fast Dry Topcoat. This is the only topcoat I've tried that doesn't smear the stamped polish.


Outdoors, sunlight.

I had high hopes for this mani, but failed at executing it. I love the idea, so I'll have to give it another shot sometime.

More Monday! ^_^









No comments:

Post a Comment