Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: China Glaze It's a Trap-eze!

Hi!

I have a more recently released polish on the blog today! This is China Glaze's It's a Trap-eze! It's a Trap-eze!, besides having an awesomely nerdy name, is an exciting, multi-colored glitter bomb in a sheer, white base. There are two sizes of hex glitters in a rainbow of colors. It's a party in a bottle!

China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
For these swatches, I've used three coats of It's a Trap-eze! plus one coat of Gelous and one of Seche Vite over a base of Seche Clear. Formula is better than I expected -- it is thick with all that glitter, but surprisingly easy to work with. The glitter doesn't clump up or drag/bald much. I expect that dry time on this would be long and suspect waiting in between coats for the polish to fully dry would be best.

China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Honestly, this polish is too crazy, busy for me. As I've repeatedly stated, I prefer a sparser glitter, so I tried layering just one coat of It's a Trap-eze! over China Glaze Re-fresh Mint to see if I liked how that looked better than on it's own. I also added a layer of Gelous plus NYC In a New York Minute to smooth and gloss. I think I prefer this look!

China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! over China Glaze Re-fresh Mint. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
It's a Trap-eze! turns out to be a versatile polish. I purchased mine from my local Sally Beauty, but they don't carry these seasonal collections very long. Head2Toe Beauty is my go-to for polishes from older collections.

China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon! ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment