Thursday, October 31, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: Polished by KPT Nightcrawler

Hello! Happy Halloween!!

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Cold. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Today I have a new-to-me brand. This is Polished by KPT's Nightcrawler!

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Cold. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I saw swatches of this collection over at MakeupWithdrawal about a week or so ago, and I was smitten! I immediately followed her link and purchased this polish. A completely impulsive polish buy! This is my first thermal polish, and I'm super excited to wear it. It's a reason to keep my nails long like this!

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Warm with cold tips. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

Anyway, Nightcrawler is a gorgeously complicated, color-changing polish packed with purple, pink, and blue shimmer. When warm, Nightcrawler is a soft, shimmery grey. When cold, it is a deep, mysterious purple/blue. The shimmer is predominantly purple, but you can see the other two colors flash a bit at different angles. It reminds me of what OPI Russian Navy looks like up close. It also has a duochrome effect from purple to blue. So. Awesome. I wore this for a full day, and it was interesting to see how often the color changed. The thermal effect is very sensitive. There were plenty of times when the polish was in transition and made the perfect gradient. I wasn't able to catch it on camera, but, seriously, my pictures just do not do this pretty justice.

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Cold. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Swatches today are a base coat of Duri Rejuvacote, two coats of Nightcrawler, and one coat of Seche Vite. The formula on this polish is a little weird -- it's thick but also almost sticky. I suppose that's what color-changing pigment does, but it didn't cause me any serious problems. I found application to be easy, but deceptive. The polish changed immediately for me when I brushed it on from the deep, dark blue to the light grey, so it was difficult to see where I had polished and where I needed a bit more. Once my hands got cold, it was easy to see the spots I missed a little (most noticeably, the bare patch on my middle finger). Now I know what to expect, I think I can manage this better next time around.

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Cold. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
I purchased it from here! I just started following KPT's Facebook page, but I expect restock info will be announced over there.

Polished by KPT Nightcrawler. Cold. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^








No comments:

Post a Comment