Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stash Swatch Initiative: KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie

Hello!

I have my first KBShimmer today! This is from last year's holiday collection. It is Sugar Plum Faerie!

KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
Sugar Plum Faerie is grape-purple jelly sandwich in a bottle. There are deep purple, metallic hexes; cranberry, holo hexes; and lime green, holo hexes all in multiple sizes hanging out in that dreamy grape base. The glitter is the super shiny, metallic type. It catches the light and is very sparkly. This polish is incredible!

KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
For today's swatches, I started with a base of Duri Rejuvacote. Since I intended to wear this one as a full mani, I then used a layer of Elmer's Glue. After that was dry, I needed three coats of Sugar Plum Faerie for full coverage. I topped it all off with a coat of Gelous plus Seche Vite. The formula on this is much sheerer than I expected, but it built up surprisingly well. It is easy to work with and keeps all that glitter in suspension nicely. Well done, KBShimmer!

KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie. Outdoors, sunlight, no flash.
I am totally smitten with the color combination in this polish. That pop of lime green in there is gorgeous with the rest of the mix being berry toned. I bought this bottle recently straight from KBShimmer's website. Overall, I think this brand is outstanding. Their website is professional, prices are extremely reasonable, and their selection is huge.
KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
More soon! ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment