Monday, August 18, 2014

Stash Swatch Initiative: Dear Rus New Matte #15 (I think...)

Hello!

Today's polish is from Dear Rus. When this came to me, it had a sticker down the entire length of the bottle that was sort of like a seal, so I removed it when I opened the bottle. Unfortunately, that was the only place which had the designation of this polish on it. So, I think this is New Matte #15, but it could also be #18.


Dear Rus New Matte #15. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

This one is a pale, periwinkle creme. I do like the color, but the formula was weird...

Swatches today are one coat of Sinful Colors Base Coat, three coats of polish, and one coat of NYC in a New York Minute topcoat. As I mentioned, the formula on this polish is strange. It's sheer, yet slightly textured, almost like the individual pigment particles are visible. It did not self-level well, so I needed three coats for opacity. Even then, the finished looked oddly uneven, which topcoat helped correct. This has a satiny-matte natural finish, but it went on so poorly that I don't think I could wear it without topcoat.

Dear Rus New Matte #15. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

I purchased this polish on clearance from Llarowe, where I don't see it for sale any longer.


Dear Rus New Matte #15. Indoors, artificial light, no flash.

More soon! ^_^








No comments:

Post a Comment