Friday, December 13, 2013

NOTW: Copycat Mani Stained Glass

Hello!

Finally! Back to some nail art!

I was inspired by this mani that Cris from Let Them Have Polish did a week or so ago. When it was time for a new mani this week, I just couldn't get the color combination she used out of my head.

Indoors, artificial light, no flash.
After my usual Duri Rejuvacote and Sinful Colors Nail Hardener base, I used Zoya Rose for the base color of my gradient, which took 3 coats to build up to where I was happy with it -- this should've been a sign for me to reconsider my polish choices, but I carried on, adding one coat of Seche Vite to speed up dry time.

Next, I applied Zoya Paloma to the tips. I used a make-up sponge to blend them together rather unsuccessfully. These polishes are both too sheer to make a smooth gradient easily. I ended up with a blocky, not very nice gradient. So, although all I wanted was the gradient with some holo sparkle, I ended up hiding the disjointed gradient under this beautiful stamp from the FUN Plate #3. I stamped it with Konad Special Polish in black. I used a coat of NYC In a New York Minute to protect the stamped image before applying one coat of INM Northern Lights.

The end result is, fortunately, quite nice. My coworkers ooh-ed and ahh-ed over this one, and we decided that the design looks a bit like stained glass.

Next time I attempt this color combo in a gradient, I'm definitely going with Zoya Flynn and Zoya Reagan instead!!

More soon! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment